(845) 358-0084: Village Hall
(845) 358-1915: DPW
Garbage pick up: Monday & Thursday
Recycling: Monday (except New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independance Day, Labor Day, Christmas Day)
BRUSH - Must be tied in bundles no longer than 5 feet and must be easily handled by one person
- LEAVES, GRASS, CLIPPINGS, YARD DEBRIS - May not be placed in the roadway and will only be collected if placed in biodegradable paper bags. (Available at the Village Hall) Will not be collected if in plastic bags, boxes or cans.
- MATTRESSES - Mattresses and box springs must be wrapped in plastic.
- CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS & DEBRIS - Contractors are responsible for the removal of all construction materials and debris. This includes all trees or brush cut by professional tree services and landscapers.
- DIRT & STONES - Will not be collected. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of them.
- PAINTS & SOLVENTS/HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/ELECTRONICS/TV’S - These items will not be collected. Contact Rockland County Hazardous Waste Authority (845) 364-2444 or online www.rocklandrecycles.com for a list of acceptable materials
- WHITE GOODS - (Washers, dryers, and hot water heaters) may be placed at the curb for pick up Mon-Th. Call village hall to notify that the items are out at the curb.
- BLOCKAGE OF SIDEWALKS - Property owners are required to keep their hedges, tree limbs and brush from growing over and obstructing public sidewalks.
- NOTE: Logs, beams, metal rods, poles, pipes, metal sheets, table tops must be in 5 foot lengths in order to be accepted at the Transfer Station.
- BLACK TRASH BAGS - Do not place any paint, wood, metal or hazardous materials into black trash bags. The DPW or the carter will NOT pick up.